Organic coconut water products are some of the most popular ones that have gained much traction from consumers domestically and globall. However, to distinguish which brand/product is truly organic, many buyers are more likely to focus on the certification by credible organization. Let’s see how organic coconut water suppliers did receive USDA certification.
A glance at USDA Certification
Organic coconut water suppliers in particular and other agricultural businesses are necessary to achieved USDA Certification because this is considered to be a business move, bringing firms to customers/consumers around the world. Using “Organic” products is now a trend thanks to some health-related benefits that this cultivating condition can bring back.
There are many organizations officially certifiting “Organic” standards for the business, among which, USDA is one of the most reliable and popular certifications that businesses have aspiration to be labelled.
The USDA National Organic Standard Seal not only represents your ongoing commitment to a healthy planet, but also assures consumers and buyers that your product meets stringent USDA organic certification requirements.
How did Organic coconut water suppliers receive USDA Organic Certification?
In the United States, in case food or beverage product is recognized as “organic”, it means that the product has beenThis label statement is not a USDA standard labeling statement and cannot be used outside of the planted, produced, inspected, and certified to be in compliance with the organic standards of the National Organic Program – NOP, a program of the US Department of Agriculture USDA. Especially, only the USDA is able to authorize a company to market and label its food or beverage being organic. Bearing a similar pattern to other products, many coconut water suppliers are making endless efforts to meet USDA’s standardized criteria.
To be specific, in order to become Organic coconut water suppliers and achieve USDA label, they need to meet USDA National Organic Program standards, including:
– Pesticides: Foods are produced with no use of most conventional pesticides
– Fertilizer: Foods are produced with no use of fertilizers which are made with synthetic ingredients or sewage sludge
– Bioengineering and Radiation: Foods are produced without using bioengineering or ionizing radiation
– Antibiotics and Growth Hormone: some factors namely organic meat, poultry, eggs and dairy products are compulsory to come from animals that are not antibiotics or growth hormones
– Sustainable Practices: the producing process needs to use renewable resources, conserve soil and water to enhance the quality of the environment for future generations.
Different types of Organic certifications
One noticeable point is that each business might be labelled with different levels of Organic, so the Organic Label Statement also can be different. There are 3 types of Organic levels that businesses should pay attention:
– Organic: there are 95% or more of ingredients being Organic. Particularly, some USDA-approved chemical additives can be used in processing.
– 100% Organic: 100% of ingredients are organic, processing is 100% organic.
– Made with Organic Ingredients: Certain ingredients are organic. (Note: The label statement is not able to be used outside of Ingredients Panel on the label. Nevertheless, it can be made if a USDA-approved certifying agent has verified the claim that some ingredients are organic).
For each country, the criteria for recognizing USDA standards can be adjusted appropriately to the country but still followed USDA rules.
In Vietnam, Betrimex – one of the organic coconut water suppliers with USDA Organic Certification, has been the example of this case. Betrimex is committed to produce the highest-quality products bringing health benefits for consumers. Beside the development and expansion of coconut cultivation area in Ben Tre province, the corporation clearly states their clear directions in building up Organic coconut farms in order to manufacture clean as well as best quality and safe coconuts and at the same time ensure the plant ecosystem.
The o|Organic cultivation model includes the farming without fertilizers, chemical pesticides, no cattle and poultry breeding and no fish-pond toilet in the coconut farm. Especially, nutrition supplied to the coconut farm is made of organic/organic microorganism fertilizers.
In 2015, Betrimex is certified by EU and USDA-NOP for the area of 101.82 hectare of raw material supply. And now, Betrimex is still making attempt to achieve organic certifications for the next large coconut material area in Ben Tre province.
Hope that these pieces of integrated information are useful for you!